Pages

March 6, 2009

This morning I woke up at 5:19 a.m. with terrible heartburn, not an uncommon event for me. I went in to the kitchen and rummaged through my sister's purse looking for tums. Unfortunately they weren't in there. As I looked around the kitchen, debating whether or not to go downstairs to Jen's bathroom where I knew there were tums, but then risking waking Jen up, I saw a sleeve with some green chewable medication.

Elation! It was a package of Gas-Ex. Now, I know this sounds old lady-ish, but Gas-Ex is my new best friend. Being cursed with chronic stomach problems, I take it ALL THE TIME! I popped that little green "life saver" from the packet, prepared myself for the bad taste (I would like to speak with whoever makes chewable medication and force them to try all the things that supposedly taste good) and popped it in to my mouth.

The taste was horrible as I had expected. But it was not the correct horrible taste. Instantly my mind screamed NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! and I spit out it out. I realized my what I had done....what I had mistaken for a minty chewable Gas-ex was really a minty chewable dog breath mint. GROSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Needless to say, my heartburn was not cured. But on the plus side, I no longer had morning breath!!

4 comments:

  1. oohhh, so sorry to hear that. 5:19 is to early to make any kind of thinking actions. The part of that story really makes me laugh is that fact that you have breath mints for your dog! I need some for my 6 year old.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new blog layout and header! Very cute. Also, I can't believe you ate dog breath mints. That is just foul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So CLASSIC and so YOU which is why we love you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Laughing...can't breath...so funny! (Ever tried Prilosec OTC? It's a miracle.)

    ReplyDelete

What's up little pup?