Pages

July 15, 2009

Who's a naughty monkey?

I've blogged before about my sister's dog Mimi (she is being referred to as my sister's dog for 2 reasons. 1. I am mad at her. 2. She was supposed to be my sisters dog but my sister keeps deserting us for the summer, so I guess I'm mad at her too).

You can click here for a reminder on how naughty Mimi is

Mimi is definitely a CARNIVORE. One day when we first got her, a beautiful yellow butterfly flew up to her and landed on her nose. Awwww, how cute Jen and I both said in unison! Until SNAP! Mimi ate that little butterfly right off her nose! Since then she has eaten an unknown number of bugs, some dead, some alive, some in mid flight. To be honest, that's my favorite. When she's just walking around minding her own business and then she jumps up and grabs some poor unsuspecting moth. I don't mind so much when she eats the bugs...I hate bugs. In my opinion they are here on earth just to be killed and eaten.

What I don't like so much is when Mimi finds a bird in our back yard. I had the misfortune of walking up to her last week eating a little bird. I don't know if she caught it herself or if it was already dead. But I had to chase her around the yard for a while and then finally got the hose out and was able to get her to drop the bird. I then had to pick it up in my bare hands (gross!) and throw it away.

So anyway, back to the reason I am mad at Mimi. We have 2 new foster dogs (yes, that means we, or rather I, have 4 dogs in the house. That's a blog for a different day) Lexi and Nina. Lexi is 4 1/2 lbs and has no teeth. Mimi has gone after her a few times but mostly leaves her alone. I think she can tell there's no threat there. But poor Nina is a gorgeous black Italian Greyhound/min pin mix. For some reason, Mimi does not like her. She has attacked her every day since she got here. Mostly it's over food but sometimes it's just because the wind blew the wrong way. I have to be on guard at all times to make sure that Nina does not become Mimi's latest snack.

She makes me so mad sometimes! But then I come across something like this and I have to laugh. Mimi likes to burrow in dark areas and go to sleep. She crawls behind our food storage shelf and then can't figure out how to get out. Next time she goes after Nina I am going to put her back there myself and leave her. That'll show her!

1 comment:

  1. Okay, that picture is hilarious! You know I love Mimi, even if she is a rotten little stinker. Hopefully she will warm up to the new puppy and stop attacking her. Not nice.

    ReplyDelete

What's up little pup?