Pages

February 21, 2009

Happy Fake Spring!

Today was a great day! Last night my sister and a couple of our girlfriends came over to where I am housesitting and we stayed up til 2:30 in the morning laughing and talking (inappropriately at times I must admit). Jen and Kristi headed home at 1:00 a.m., and Peggy and Shana spent the night, along with little Makayla who made it to 10pm before falling apart...she was so excited to sit in the tub with LoLo (that would be in the hot tub with me).

We woke up at 7 and made pancakes and the girls headed home around 9:15. As I let Sid and Snickers, the dogs that I am watching this week, outside for trip #1 to the potty, I realized that today was the first day of "Fake Spring"! For those of you that do not live in Utah, Fake Spring comes around every year around this time. It's a beautiful sun shiny, bird chirping, warm breeze blowing, dog barking kind of day. I walked outside on the large wrap around porch and surveyed my sunny kingdom...or at least my borrowed kingdom for the week. The dogs and I played tug of war with a nasty dog rope and then fetch with some icycles that were melting off the porch. Then we all went inside and took the first nap of the day.

As I headed back down in to the valley, I had my windows partially rolled down, my sun roof open and a good song on the radio. Man I love fake spring! I pulled in to my neighborhood and was instantly reminded of a down side to fake spring. The smell of poo...everywhere. Horse poo and Cow poo...ah! The joys of living in farm country. Except that I don't live in farm country. I live in a suburb of Salt Lake City. In West Valley. The hood. Oh well. Determined not to have this day tarnished, I visited with my sis and my own dogs, then settled in for nap #2. Glorious. Then off to dinner at some friends house, the church for dessert and games, and then back up to Park City where I am writing my blog with 2 sweet dogs laying at my feet. Yep, it was a good day.

Oh, and the reason I call today Fake Spring? We are expected to get 2-4 inches of snow on Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What's up little pup?