Pages

June 7, 2010

Self review = Sometimes I'm a meanie

Last week I was asked by my boss to do my annual self review for my year's evaluation.  I put it off as long as I could but was finally told on Friday that I was out of time.  Tonight as I was working on it, I checked my email and I saw that I had a comment on my last blog which made fun of a wedding announcement.

The person claimed to be the bride in the announcement and basically chastised me and my readers for our judgmental comments on her wedding announcement and her relationship in general.  I do sincerely apologize for any hurt that I might have caused her.  I do not know this person nor do I know how she found my blog but embarrassment to her was not my intent.  I removed the post from my blog and will think twice in the future about posting any thing that might hurt someone.

This "incident' has caused me to do my own self review...of my life, my  priorities, and how I treat others.  I am a work in progress.  I do not claim to be perfect.  However I am a grown woman and I need to be more aware of those around me.  I will try harder to be more selfless and kinder to those that I encounter in life, whether in real life or blog life.

5 comments:

  1. Something I certainly need to remember. Thank you.

    Teri

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, that totally stinks to get called out and I hate that she had to see it. I applaud you for owning up to it and I think we all need to do a "self-review".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stacy, you are one of the nicest people I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It shows a strong person that can admit that they did something wrong and try and change it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with Margaret. And we do have to be careful of what we write because you never know who is watching or reading as noted in a blog posting I did: http://thisandthatday.blogspot.com/2010/05/carefulyou-never-know-who-is-reading.html

    lisaDay

    ReplyDelete

What's up little pup?