Pages

October 16, 2008

You have a birthday, shout Hooray!!




Yesterday was my 36th birthday! I am now officially closer to 40 than I am to 30. And I feel every day of it! :)

I had a marvelous day. It started with walking in to my office and seeing the cute decorations that Micci put on my computer and wall. (I didn't include a pic b/c my desk is too messy!!) She also brought donuts. I had 1. Ok, I had 2. Big deal! Then Amber gave me the new New Kids on the block CD. I felt a little dorky, but I'm not gonna deny it...I like NKOTB. So there!

Then after lunch work got me my favorite chocolate cake from Costco. Yes, I had to pick it up myself, but that was ok b/c I got to make sure I picked the very best one! (Thanks to Amber for helping me with that task!). This cake is 3 layers of fudgy deliciousness, with mounds of frosting and chocolate shavings. Oh sorry, I think I just salivated. Some people at work were complaining that there was too much frosting. Sheesh...amateurs!

I left work early to go home and plant some bulbs, but instead I watched the Janice Dickinson Modeling Agency (my sister says this show is the downfall of modern America...whatever..I LOVE the drama!) and talked to my mom on the phone. Then off to the Cheesecake Factory with Jen and our friends Steve and Alisha. As we pulled up to the parking lot, I said "They aren't doing anything embarrassing like bringing balloons are they"? Sure enough, they got out of the car with a huge balloon bouquet. My sister sheepishly said they were from her. I was pretty embarrassed, but I carried them in to the restaurant with all the adults in the place laughing and the kids looking at me like I was Santa Clause. Dinner was DELICIOUS!!! Can anyone say Deep Fried Macaroni & Cheese Balls!!! HEAVEN!!!!! We shared 4 appetizers, and then a piece of Adams peanut butter cheesecake and a new blueberry to die for cheesecake. The waitress wrote on my plate with chocolate sauce (um...YUM!) and they came out singing to me.

After dinner we decided to go to Nordstroms b/c I needed some makeup. Alicia decided to get a make over so we hung out, then we walked around the mall, me with my huge bouquet of balloons. It was pretty funny. Everyone kept saying Happy Birthday! to me. Steve was a good sport as we went to another make-up store and a beauty supply store. Finally it was back home to cuddle with the doggies and watch a little TV before bed.

It was a fabulous day. I got tons of phone calls and messages on my Facebook (Stacy543) page. I felt very loved and blessed that I have so many good friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. mmm. donuts and chocolate cake and cheesecake..oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Umm, dont' forget that your best friend Emily called you first thing in the morning to wish you a happy day. Just because I don't live there anymore and can't share the day with you doesn't mean I love you any less :)

    Happy B-Day!!

    ReplyDelete

What's up little pup?