Pages

November 10, 2008


This weekend I drove to Boise with my good friends Shana and Todd. After losing touch with my friends Mindy and Angela from high school, I recently found both of them on Facebook. So we planned a fun weekend and off I went!

I stayed with Mindy, John and their 4 adorable kids - Brooke, Amber, Joshua and Emma Jo. They all treated me like family! I watched Iron Man with the kids...all 5 of us snuggled up on a loveseat in their awesome theater room. It was a tight fit...but fun! I got to lay around, sleep in, and just relax. It was heavenly.

On Saturday evening Mindy and I met Angela, and Mindy's sister Katy at the Cheesecake Factory. Dinner was delicious (no, I did not have the fried macaroni and cheese balls...dang it!). Then we walked around the mall for a little while, including Sephora...my favorite make up store! I was a good girl and didn't buy anything, but I did introduce Mindy to Bare Escentuals..LOVE IT! After the mall closed, we dropped Ang off and headed back to Mindy's house. Mindy, John and I watched Get Smart. It was so funny!

On Sunday I slept in....til 10:30! Woo Hoo! No dogs to wake me up! Mindy made a delicious breakfast, and then we just relaxed until Shana and Todd came to pick me up. The drive home was long, but fun. I was glad to be home and in my own bed!

Mindy is wonder woman...Her 2 littlest kids both have Cystic Fibrosis and need a LOT of medical attention, so she is a very very busy (and tired) mom. Yet she made breakfast every day, made chocolate chip cookies for my ride home, stew for Sunday dinner, ran 4 miles on the treadmill, wrangled her 4 crazy kids..whew...I was tired just watching it all. I was once again reminded of the blessings in my life, how I really have no major trials to speak of, and how Heavenly Father will never give us more than we can handle. I guess HE knows I can't handle much! :)

1 comment:

  1. Why not drive to Atlanta some time??? We would love for you to come visit and I can make breakfast for you every morning!

    ReplyDelete

What's up little pup?