December 1, 2008

My Thanksgiving was awesome. Jen and I slept in until 10! Woo Hoo! We had reservations at a restaurant at the Snowbird Resort at 1:30, so we got up and headed out. The food was fabulous. We had sushi and other appetizers, which were just ok. But then we headed over to the hot food section. The turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing and gravy were To. Die. For. I ate my body weight and then went back for seconds. Then it was off to the dessert table. No, this does not describe it well enough. It was 6 feet of candy coated, chocolate dipped, cheesecake deliciousness. Pumpkin pie, pecan pie, mouse cups with little cookies and candies, cobblers, cookies, cakes....sorry I just salivated on my desk. The best part though was the Bananas Foster station. A lovely young man in a tall white chef hat scoops a mound of compound butter with cinnamon into a hot pan. Then he slices bananas and tenderly drops them in. He heats these together until the butter melts...if that wasn't enough, he then squirts some rum into the concoction...which bursts in to flames!! Step back! Call the fire department! This competent young man however puts out the flames quickly, as is supposed to happen. He serves up a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream topped with the now slightly crispy coated bananas and you have a bowl of heaven.

Jen and I then headed home and took a nap. I mean we had been up for 3 hours after all. But we needed to gear up for Black Friday....which started this year at 8Pm on Thanksgiving night. We went to Michaels Crafts and got some Christmas decor for the yard. We then went to a movie at 10:00. After that we were off to Fashion Place Mall and then South Towne Mall. We shopped around for a couple hours, got pedicures at 3 a.m. (FUN!). I fought the crowd at Pennys at 4 a.m. Next stop was Shopko which was a zoo, so we exited pronto. Then off to Smith's Marketplace at 6 for free donuts and apple cider. We shopped there until about 7:30 a.m. One more stop to drop some donuts off to Todd at his store Axis Sports in Draper, and then home at 8:25 a.m. We slept for about 3 hours, then headed back out! It was insane. We didn't really have anything we needed to buy, and didn't spend much money, but it was such a fun experience.

Saturday was the Winona Christmas concert in Wendover with Jen and Kristi. I've always been a fan of Winona and was really excited to see her live. Man can she belt out a tune! She was fantastic. The mood was a little mellow however..she's become a holy roller! We headed over to the casino to find Paul (Kristi's husband). He was stuck in gamblers la la land. After trying unsuccessfully for 10 minutes to get him to go home, Kristi and I headed over to the bar to watch the show. It was 3 black men in their 60's singing old Motown favorites. This was the highlight of my night! They were great! Finally, with an extra $2.50 in my pocket (thanks to the penny slots), we headed home.

It was a crazy weekend and I'm glad it's over. Today I am falling asleep at my desk. But I loved it! I am so glad I live with my sister and that she's up for such fun!


  1. Wow! You are a black Friday, crazy shoppin mad woman!

  2. Your black friday is absolutely insane. I can not stay up past ten these days. All night? craziness.

    I think we deserve a treat today for surviving Monday. What do you think.


What's up little pup?