My Christmas vacation is almost over. One more day in the land of sun and warmth (if you consider 53 degrees warm). Some highlights of my trip so far...
1. Reading the story of the Savior's birth on Christmas Morning before the opening of gifts. A reminder of the true meaning of Christmas.
2. My dad telling my sister and I how proud he is of the women we've become.
3. My plethora of gifts..including...drum roll...THE PERFECT BROWNIE PAN!!! My sister rocks.
4. Jen, Mom and I playing Rummikub and laughing til we cried. Then making a joke that Grandpa always used to make about being tired and needing to go to bed. Then bursting in to tears and crying until we laughed.
5. Cookies. Aunt Lani's delicious chocolate cake. Garlic smashed potatoes made in my brand new pressure cooker. Dad's stuffing. Cheesy grits. Omelets at Dean's Cafe tomorrow morning.
6. Sleeping in til 10:00 every day....and even later on some days!
7. Princess Bride. Cheesey Christmas movies. The Librarian 3. Hours of movie watching on the big screen tv and cuddly blankets.
8. Matching Christmas Jammies for Jen, mom and me.
9. Mom rubbing my arm and tickling my back. She is the best back tickler in all the land.
10. The feelings of love and comfort while being back home with those that love me best.