Pages

January 22, 2010

Humanitarian Services

Our hearts have all been broken over the tragedy in Haiti and many of us find ourselves wanting to donate money and wondering who to trust.

I have mentioned in here before that I am LDS, or a Mormon.  The humanitarian services from my church is known world wide and has provided aide for too many disasters to count.  2 hours after the news hit about the earthquake in Haiti, American Airlines contacted our Church Offices offering to donate 3 of their planes to transport anything we would like to send for relief.  We were able to fill all 3 cargo  holds with supplies including food, water, clothing, diapers, etc, all purchased through our Humanitarian Relief Fund.  This weekend an additional 85,000 lbs of supplies were trucked in from Miami, with more on the way.

If you are searching for a way to donate and have not found an organization that you feel comfortable with, please feel free to go to this link to find out more information and how to donate to the Humanitarian Services 

4 comments:

  1. I love that the church is always one of the first organizations in there to help when bad things happen. I'm grateful to be part of a church that is prepared for emergencies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate tragedies, but I love how they bring people together to help out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're providing a way for people to help. Love the new V-Day look.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, Stacy. I'm off to check it out...

    ReplyDelete

What's up little pup?